Swimming pools can pose some danger so it's better to take proper precautions.
Children should be trained for swimming after the age of 4 years because that is when they are developmentally ready.
Swimming Essentials to be kept handy while going swimming with your child:
- Swimming costume
- Shampoo and Shower gel
- Hair clips and bands
- Swimming Cap
- Goggles (Swimming Glasses)
- Swim nappies (if required)
- Tan lotion
Children are often quite excited about water, but do consider these water safety basics when you are in a pool with your child:
- Keep a continuous watch on kids; this is mandatory everywhere - in a bathtub or in a swimming pool.
- Check the quality and strength of the tubes that your child is using.
- Don’t be pushy. If the child is too scared, take them out of the water and try again later.
- If the child is learning to swim, an adult should swim at arm’s length (close to the child).
- Children should be away from the pool when adults are not around, never leave the child unsupervised.